Reinvention step three of five
Resources: what stuff or who do you need?
You are on your journey of reinvention. In step one you figured out what really matters to you. In step two you asked yourself why you want this dream. Now in step three you will look at what you already have and what you may need to take you forward.
Ask yourself these questions and come up with at least 3 items per question.
Now: what do you already have?
- What knowledge do you have? What education or informal learning have you acquired? What are your areas of interest or expertise?
- What skills do you have? This also refers to education and training. These skills may be technical, organisational or specialised.
- What talents do you have? What are you naturally good at? What talents have you developed? What potential talents do you have?
- What strengths do you have? This might be creativity, love of learning, team work, humour etc…
- What finances do you have?
- What other stuff do you have e.g home office/study, car, computer etc…
Future: what do you need?
To make the changes you want and to start living your life in a new way, what else do you need?
- What new knowledge do you need to acquire?
- What skills do you need to learn?
- What training do you need?
- Who can you ask, who can you talk to?
- Which role models can you learn from? Who has successfully done what you want to do and how can you find out?
- Do you need a mentor? A mentor is someone who has knowledge, experience and expertise of what you want to be doing and can help you avoid the pitfalls and know what actions to take.
- What finances do you need? How will you acquire them?
- What other stuff do you need for this venture? Equipment, office space , environment etc..
- What else?
I hope you feel excited about how much you already have. Don’t be overwhelmed by what you need. Before commiting yourself, do some research. Talk to people who are doing what you want to, find information online, in books and magazines. Start with the next smallest step.
In step four you will look at Beliefs and Behaviour.